Monday, June 16, 2014

Communicating with St

In order for technology integration to be successful in our schools all persons involved in this integration must be fully vested.  We refer to these groups of people as our stakeholders. Stakeholders  include school board members, administration, teachers, and parents.  Parents are the stakeholders that I find to be the most important concerning day to day integration of technology.  This does not mean that the other stakeholders have less importance in this process.  However, as a teacher, in order for the one-to-one iPad initiative to work in my classroom effectively I have to have the support of my parents.  When addressing my parents at the beginning of the school year there are specific points that must be communicated.  First, I must have their support.  Parental support would include making sure their child has their iPad charged completely each day, reinforce digital citizenship at home, and follow iPad care instructions in order to keep iPad in good working condition.  Second, a positive attitude towards the one-to-one initiative.  And finally the last point would be open communication.  Parents, as well as myself, need to keep the lines of communication open during this new process.  Parents should feel comfortable in sharing their concerns and/or difficulties with me so that changes to this process can be made through out the year to ensure a successful integration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home